This course is conducted online, however, you will need to take the exam in person in Dallas, TX. There are no online exam options.
You can find the course dates and the registration form for the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Online Course and Examination at the bottom of this page.
- Week 1: Introduction to Wine Tasting, Pairing, Storage & Service
Learn to taste and describe wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting. Discover the key considerations when pairing food and wine successfully. Learn the processes and principles of wine storage and service.
- Week 2: Factors Influencing Style, Quality & Price
Study the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wine in the vineyard and winery. Discover how to decode and understand labels.
- Week 3: White Grape Varieties
Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from the main white grape varieties and the regions producing them.
- Week 4: Black Grape Varieties
Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from the main black grape varieties and the regions producing them.
- Week 5: Sparkling, Sweet and Fortified Wines
Learn about the various methods for making Sparkling, Sweet and Fortified Wine, the resulting wine styles and the regions producing them.
How the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Online Course is conducted
- The course itself is conducted online, however you take your exam in-person in Dallas, TX.
- It is a 5-week structured online learning program. You can communicate with your instructor and classmates on an online platform during this 5-week window. Even after your course end date, you can access the course material for 1 year from your date of registration.
- You can contact your online educator at any time during your scheduled course dates using the online platform.
- The course modules should be followed in order, but you are free to complete the modules at your own pace. There are no set times to log into the course.
- During the course, you participate in student activities including weekly tasks, group tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests and videos. Each week includes a series of independent and/or group activities to help you understand wine label terminology and recognize the styles produced by the main grape varieties in key wine regions.
- You will be advised but not required to buy and taste certain wines on your own. You can post your tasting notes in the Online Classroom for review by the educator.
How and when you take the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Exam
- You take your WSET Level 2 Award Exam in person in Dallas, TX. There are no online exam options.
- When you go to the registration page (see below) for the course, you can select your exam date along with your course dates. Your chosen exam date must be later than your course end date.
- Your exam will take place at the indicated date and time at an exam venue in Dallas, TX and the address will be communicated to you approximately 2 weeks before your scheduled exam date.
- You are expected to arrive at the exam venue on the scheduled date and time with your photo ID, two pencils and an eraser.
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Exam contains 45 multiple choice questions to be completed in 1 hour. The passing score required to receive the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Certificate is 55%.
- The exam process takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes, including the exam instructions and the 1-hour multiple-choice test.
- You will receive your exam result via email approximately 3 weeks after your exam date. Receiving your certificate may take one or two additional weeks since the certificates are first sent from London to Dallas for us to mail them to your individual address.
The cost of WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Online Course and Exam
The course fee of $515 includes:
- online course access for 1 year from the date you receive your login credentials
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines study pack
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Exam
- $20 shipping fee to send you your study materials
Wine is not provided in the online course.
How to register for the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Online Course and Exam
- You must be at least 18 years of age by the time of your course start date.
- Fill in the form below where you will also be prompted to select your course and exam dates. WSET London requires us to send in all student details at least 10 business days before the start of the course date. Please register at least 12 business days in advance of your course start date so that we have enough time to transfer your details to the London office.
- Within 5 days of your registration on our website, you will receive an email from WSET’s London office with your online access information for the course.
- You will have access to the course material for 1 year after your registration, however you can communicate with your instructor only during your course dates, and the course materials will become read-only after your course end date.