We understand that many people will be looking for ways to fill their time and save money during this time of global disruption. For added convenience, we are now offering a combination of WSET Levels 2 and 3 at a significant discount. We also added online “live” sessions with Master of Wine Dilek Caner during each course.
This is a custom WSET course offered by Dallas Wine Center, only during certain dates. The study platform, exams and certificate are still supplied by WSET’s London office. Dallas Wine Center customizes the course with additional “live” online study, tasting and review sessions at a discounted price.
You can see a comparison of what each version offers in the table below.
|WSET Level 2 Online Wine Course||WSET Level 3 Online Wine Course||WSET Levels 2 and 3 combined|
|One-year access to WSET’s Level 2 online training platform with lessons, quizzes and instructional videos||One-year access to WSET’s Level 3 online training platform with lessons, quizzes and instructional videos||One-year access to each of the WSET’s Level 2 and Level 3 online training platforms with lessons, quizzes and instructional videos|
|5 weeks of interactive access (via online written correspondence) to the instructor and classmates.||9 weeks of interactive access (via online written correspondence) to the instructor and classmates.||13 weeks of interactive access (via online written correspondence) to the instructor and classmates.|
|—–||—–||Four “live” online sessions* for Level 2, and nine “live” online sessions during the Level 3 Course with Master of Wine Dilek Caner.|
|$495 + $20 shipping||$950 + $20 shipping||$1,050 + $20 shipping|
* The live online sessions focus on reviews, explanations of and presentations on the more complex subjects, student questions and tastings.
Additionally for Level 3, live meetings cover practice sessions of the “Short Answer Questions” part of the exam. Dallas Wine Center’s students typically perform well above average on this part – according to WSET, the global pass rate for the Short Answer Questions is 56%, while the pass rate for the same part by Dallas Wine Center’s students is 78%.
To register for the combination, please scroll to the bottom of this page to complete the registration form.
Dates and Times
LEVEL 2 Online Course – Wed June 17 to Tue July 14th 2020
LEVEL 2 Online Meeting Times – between 6:00 – 6:45 pm on Tuesdays June 23, 30, July 7, 14
LEVEL 3 Online Course – Wed July 22nd to Tue Sep 22nd 2020
LEVEL 3 Online Meeting Times – between 6:00 – 6:45 pm on Tuesdays July 28, August 4, 11, 18, 25, September 1, 8, 15, 22
- Is there a prerequisite for Level 2?
No, you do not need any other experience to take this course.
- Can I register for other dates of WSET Levels 2 and 3, and still get the same combination discount?Yes, you can. To do this, go ahead and sign up for this course and then email us with the Level 2 and Level 3 dates that you’d like to start (you can choose here). We’ll change your registration to your requested dates, however, we won’t be able to offer the “live” sessions with Dilek Caner MW for those versions.
- Will the WSET Level 2 and Level 3 exams be online?For Level 2, we are able to offer online testing, however there are no online exam options for the Level 3 Exam, which must be completed in person. We believe that COVID-19 restrictions will be lifted in time for the Level 3 exam, at the start of September, but if not, we will arrange an exam where participants can be more than sufficiently separated from each other (as soon as regulations permit us).
- Are wines provided for this course?
No. We will send you a list of wines that you can buy yourself to take part in the tastings at home. Buying the wines is optional, but strongly recommended for Level 3.
- Can I cancel either/both parts of the course and receive a refund?
Unfortunately, no. The discount only applies to this specific combination of courses, and we have to register you for both the level 2 and 3 course with WSET. The materials are sent as soon as you are registered, and WSET will have already charged us for your enrollment, so we can’t refund your payment.